The Shingletown Library is growing and we would like you to become part of this unique family. Won’t you join us?
Areas of Service at the Library
- Processing New Books: Typing Catalog Cards, Covering Books, Adding Book Pockets, Shelving Books, Sorting Books, Filing Book Cards
- Computer Data Entry
- Story Hour Master Storyteller: Assistant
- Processing Patron’s Books
- Front Desk
- Fund Raising: Friends of the Shingletown Library, Special Projects, Cookie Sales
- Publishing the Newsletters: Bookworm Column, Library Lowdown Column, Newsletter to Volunteers
- Maintaining Library Equipment: Computers
- Gardening: Watering the Flowers, Mowing the Lawn
- Keeping Library Records: Statistics
- Public Relations: Promotions
- Steering Committee
- Board of Directors
You can expect the Library to:
- Train you in the area in which you choose to work.
- Support you in that work.
- Provide the needed equipment for you to complete your job.
The Library expects that you:
- Work at least 4 hours per week (or as required).
- Come to work on each day scheduled.
- Find a replacement if you are unable to work.
Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary defines a volunteer as “a person who enters into or offers himself for a service of his own free will.” Perhaps that means that we volunteer because something that is very personal encourages us to do so. Volunteering can bring to an individual a continuing sense of belonging to a unique family. We all need to belong and it is the hope of the Shingletown Library that you choose this organization to offer yourself as a volunteer; your rewards will be immeasurable.
For more information about volunteering please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Ghandi